6.16.2014

weekly inspiration: underexposed photography



I pulled these pictures from my tumblr, and I wanted to share them with you because I've always been so attracted to this kind of dark lit, underexposed photography. Something about it seems so much more intimate and calm to me, like I just want to jump in the photo and live in that very moment. It may have something to do with the fact that I am a big fan of dark weather, funny because I'm always told "normal" people are suppose to love sunny bright days. I don't know why but ever since I could remember rainy days have been my favorite. I remember just sitting and watching the thunder and lightening storms out the window for hours as a child. Now as a young adult I'll find myself staying in my car for a good extra thirty minutes after I get home just to enjoy the sound of the rain against my car. There's just something about slipping on your favorite over sized tee and fuzzy socks, opening all the curtains in the house letting the natural dim light in, candles lit, coffee in hand with a mix of James Blake and rain softly playing in the background, just admiring the moment with your furry feline curled up by your side. Those kind of moments stick with me forever and just make my soul happier than I can even begin to explain. Ah, I can't wait to have my own little space up in Oregon, so I can have moments like those all the time and really learn to take beautiful photos like these. 

"There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.” 
― Brian AndreasStory People: Selected Stories & Drawings of Brian Andreas

No comments:

Post a Comment